Monday, August 27, 2007

Homeowner Idiots

In today’s installment, I’m gonna let you guys in on a little secret. While I aced elementary school and high school, and even graduated from a decent college, it seems I have little to no common sense. We’ve been suffering through pi$$ poor water pressure in our shower for upwards of 6 months. And when I say poor, I mean sitting under the shower head for at least an hour just to get my hair totally wet. It’s been painful. This past weekend we had a friend in town, and after showering he said “man you guys gotta get that shower fixed!” Duh Scott – we KNOW this!

Hours later, after sitting on the sofa simmering in my own hung over stench (because I was avoiding the shower you see) I saw a commercial. In it, the man had a pair of dentures and a shower head on a counter. “what do these two things have in common?” he asked the audience as I wondered if my blank stare was shared with any of the other viewers out there. “You can clean both of these with Efferdent!” he cheerily responded. “This should get your water pressure back to normal in no time!”

This is when the light went on in my head. Hmm, could it be that easy? I was already imaging horrible leaks in the pipes or something equally dreadful. I went into the garage to grab the old shower head (because unfortunately I didn’t have Efferdent in my medicine cabinet) and voila! The most amazing shower pressure I have ever experienced!!

Now – does anyone have a remedy for puckered skin?

No comments: