Monday, August 13, 2007

Wedding bells in Minnesooo-ta

We just returned from our friend Mike's wedding this past weekend in Minnesota. It was a really beautiful wedding held at the bride's parents house which is on a lake. I can't imagine how much time and work these people put into getting the yard in perfect condition - but it was really amazing. Aside from the great view and dancing the funky chicken, what was really special about the wedding was how all of the family came together to help. Apparently the uncles made the dinner, the aunts helped with the yard, and Mom was out until 2 am the night before mowing the expansive lawn. Now that's what I call love!

Ok, the wedding was great and all, but the rehearsal dinner wasn't too shabby. Mike and Jerah kept it real by having everyone over to the Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit. No readers, that's not me coughing up a hairball. The Gasthof is a great restaurant / german hall / polka bar that serves up heaping piles of meat, beer in a glass boot (brings new meaning to the term "community"), and snuff up your nose! After several rounds of that darn boot, followed by a shot of apple something-or-other, followed by the good 'ol battle cry of "ziggy zaggy, ziggy zaggy, hoi hoi hoi", let's just say I was feeling a little adventurous. After some arm-twisting by Dani, I decided to go all out and try some snuff. If it was good enough for lords and ladies back in the day, surely it was good enough for me. I asked the waitress for a baby snuff, which, I'm pretty sure isn't a real term. She hooked me up, put the piles on the crazy catapult contraption, counted to three and SNIFFFFFFFFFFF. Holy sh*t, mother-f*cker, $#*$&#^%!!! That snuff burned, then cooled, and ended in one grand finale of sneezing. That ended my streak of insanity for the evening, although, I came to realize when I woke up the next morning and blew my nose.....snuff is the gift that keeps on giving.

No comments: