Monday, August 6, 2007

Tiny girl in a teeny sweater

Although this blog is entitled "Champagne Taste on a beer budget", don't let me fool you dear readers. There is nothing I enjoy better than finding a good sale. So when I hit up the Gap a few weeks ago, I thought I'd struck gold in finding a tissue-thin sweater (in white) for $10.00. Not only had I been searching for a sweater exactly like this all summer, but $10?? Ah, the shopping Gods were smiling upon me that day.

However, I must have done something to royally piss them off because, after wearing the sweater non-stop all week (it's the perfect thing to wear over a dress or strappy top to work), I ended up leaving it in the trunk of Jim's car. Although he would say (and may even think) that I left the sweater there on purpose just to have an excuse to go back to his place, this logic only works if i LIVED IN TOWN. But since I don't, this was obviously a totally legit mistake.

Now comes the tragic part. Jim, being the dear dear friend that he is, decided to wash my sweater before sending it back. A lovely gesture if he knew anything at all about washing delicate items such as this lovely $10 sweater. Turns out he doesn't. He apparently shrunk the shit out of my sweater, and now the Gap isn't even carrying this item anymore. At this point, it's not even fun to make him feel bad about it and guilt him into sending me another because they're all gone!

I guess it could have been worse - I could have left my favorite pair of shoes at the hotel!

No comments: