Monday, August 20, 2007

Sit Ubu Sit

Once again I've been suckered into watching the Dog Whisperer. And once again, I'm determined to curb Prancer's bad habits. I'm not foolin' myself here, I don't think I'll ever break him of the habit of licking his own private parts (and I really don't have the heart to rob him of this pleasure anyway). I'm talking about the whole bark-at-strangers-and-even-people-I-know-along-with-little-kids-and-the-postman habit. Apparently it's all about the exercise (which I don't give him), discipline (which I give him but incorrectly) and THEN affection (which he gets without having to work for it). I feel bad. Apparently my lack of this regimen has made him anxious and mentally unstable (or at least not as mentally healthy as he should/could be). So basically it's my fault that he's crummy to people and by default, unlovable to anyone but us.

We started today with a long walk (in which I led him, not the other way around), followed by some sitting and finished up with a belly rub. I call that progress for the first day. Tomorrow I'm going to teach him how to make me a vanilla soy latte, no foam.

No comments: