Sunday, August 5, 2007

Why can't all weekends be like this?

I had such a good time this weekend, that, sitting here on my sofa today (Sunday) is a bit depressing because that means it's time for another work week. My 4-year wedding anniversary is coming up, and to kick-off the festivities appropriately, Lance took me to dinner at my favorite sushi restaurant, Uchi. This place is nothing short of amazing - including the wait. We got there around 7:45 and didn't leave until 11ish. Since we hardly ever eat here (it is slightly pricey), we decided to go all out. This included multiple glasses of wine, an appetizer, several rolls, and the grande finale - dessert! And OMG, the dessert was intense. Wasabi-chocolate mousse type-thing with pistachio ice cream!! I didn't even know I liked pistachio ice cream!

My parents came to town on Saturday to deliver a gift for us (for our anniversary). They made us hide out in the bedroom while they brought it into the house. When we came out (eyes closed) and opened our eyes, sitting in front of us was a FABULOUS bar!! How cool is that?? Best gift ever. We found a spot for it in the living room, and now anyone who feels compelled for a shot of tequila can just grab one from their seat! Yay! After a great dinner, my parents left and Lance and I headed down to Mohawk to meet up with friends and watch a show. The opening band was awesome -- and I really wish I had upgraded my phone so I could have taken a decent video of these guys. The lead singer (the band was Mark Mallman) not only played his leg (aka electric guitar), but he did a great karate kick and humped his keyboard. It was awesome.

Today I spent most of my day lounging on the sofa. I did get motivated enough to go check out Strut, which is a great store that opened up a new location just minutes from me! To continue the great weekend, I found two really cute and extremely affordable dresses. Not wanting my luck to run out (or to melt in the heat), I drove home with my treasures and took a nap on the sofa. Ahhhhhh.


No comments: