Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The blog is back b*tches!

Since my mailbox has been flooding with requests for me to resurrect the blog, I've decided to come forward and deliver for the masses. The first topic on the agenda is this: why do people think that just because they are in their car, you can't see what they are doing? Although it's totally entertaining for me to sit at a light and count how long a guy can pick his teeth or chew on his nails, I wonder if he/she would not be totally embarrassed to know that somebody was watching?

-------------

I've aptly named this blog "champagne taste on a beer budget". It's a phrase my Dad has said to me more than once. I often wonder how this happens to me? I mean, I don't intentionally set out to buy the most expensive items, and I certainly don't have the budget to do this. Is it that I just have really great taste? (Because yes people, the more expensive an item is, the BETTER it is!) These items just seem to gravitate to me! I swear. For example, I can to into a store where half of the stuff is on sale, and I go and pick out a great top or something, take it up to the counter only to find that "oh no ma'am, this isn't on sale. Someone must have accidentally placed it on the wrong rack." Now if I were any kind of shopper (like my Momz), I could probably totally argue the point that it's their bad and not mine and their false advertising pretty much means that I DESERVE the item for the sale price. But instead I fork over my credit card and get ready to make up a really great story to tell Lance (who pretends to not watch my spending, but bless him, I know he does).

This all culminates into our latest home project which is to add a master bath and walk-in closet. I'm pretty sure that I'll somehow manage to pick the most insane pedestal sink (I already did on accident) or some outrageously priced towel rack. I am absolutely determined (and committed) to sticking to budget on this project -- stay tuned to see if that actually happens.

3 comments:

vanessa said...

Can we have heated floors, please?

Viva la blog!

Unknown said...

See...V wants heated floors too!

A-Lo said...

Sure, let's do heated floors. Please make checks payable to ALo. I take cash too.