Monday, March 17, 2008

SXSW: Food!

Another year of SXSW has wrapped up, and I thought I'd take some time to reflect on my experience. Was it all about music and drinking? Mostly. But more than the indie rock, it was about the food and the mass quantities I consumed. Day 1 started with the pizza stand. Stony's - I heart you. Day 2 ended with the taco stand. Mr. Taco man - you make one mean carne guisada taco!! Day 3 - oh yeah, the hot dog truck. Mmm mmmm, the bun was toasted to perfection, and my cold cold Dr. P helped it all go down just right. And what would all this delicious savory food be without dessert? Did I mention it was free dessert? Ice cream trucks at every corner just WAITING to give me a treat. At one point during the festival I was totally bummed because we couldn't get into a venue. I was bummed, that is, until we turned the corner and saw some guys giving away ice cream cones out of their car. Jackpot!! That's better than any stinkin rock band!! Ok, there were other good things about SXSW besides the food. The music, of course, was great. But even better was getting to spend time with my friends and laughing so hard (on several occassions) I cried (baby i wanna do that booty, but ya gots to wash!).

And what would a blog entry of mine be without the negatives of SXSW? I'll do it in list form cause I'm too tired to elaborate any further than that:
1. Skinny jeans......*sigh*.....so over these. Especially sooo over guys with no ass wearing these. Give a girl a break!

2. Slouchy boots. Especially white slouchy boots. All I gots to say is ladies, in 2 years you're gonna cringe when you look back at those photos!

3. Freakishly tall people at the front of the stage. Do I really need to expound on this?

4. People who blog live from SXSW (and you know who you are!)

On a positive note, I must mention that the weather was amazing, the day shows are so much fun, and how can you complain about free beer?? Next year I just might skip the evening stuff and hit up day shows only. I'm gettin' old and it's harder and harder to stay up past 1 am. Unless there's magmud involved......then I'll stay up all night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People who blog live at SXSW need more entertaining friends.